Botox® is the most popular non-invasive cosmetic procedure performed. By paralyzing the targeted muscles, Botox® can smooth dynamic wrinkles from repetitive muscle movement. This quick treatment decreases the signs of aging and leaves you looking naturally refreshed with a more youthful appearance. It is also used as a preventative measure from developing further fine lines. Results from Botox® can last up to three to six months –
Learn more about Botox®.
Working similarly to Botox, Dysport® is effective for the correction of dynamic wrinkles such as crow’s feet, forehead lines, and frown lines. The full results will be seen 10-14 days after treatment. A repeat Dysport® session will not be necessary for three to five months. With consistent treatment over time, Dysport® can help prevent further wrinkles and fine lines. The injectable can also be part of a total skin rejuvenation plan when combined with a dermal filler and a skin treatment, such as a peel –
Learn more about Dysport®.
The world’s leading dermal filler, Juvéderm®, is comprised of Hyaluronic Acid (HA). As an important building block of the skin’s structure, HA draws moisture into the tissues, plumping them and easing out wrinkles. The results of Juvéderm® injections can be seen right away as the filler triggers the production of collagen. These benefits will continue to improve.
Juvéderm® will not require a second procedure for nine to twelve months, sometimes longer, making it an excellent value. Instantly after treatment, patients will have smoother, more contoured features and a more youthful appearance. Juvéderm® can significantly improve:
- Fine Lines
- Deep Facial Creases
- Nasolabial Folds
- Marionette Lines
- Volume Loss in Cheeks and Across Jawline
- Thin Lips
There are several formulas of Juvéderm® available today. Each one is unique in its viscosity (thickness and consistency), therefore perfect to meet a variety of different aesthetic needs.
Voluma®, Vollure®, Volbella®, Juvederm Ultra®, and Juvederm Ultra Plus® are available at Vitality Dermatology.
Learn more about Juvéderm®.
As people age, the skin of the face can become lax and sink, eventually causing facial lines and creases. Restylane®, a dermal filler, is designed to increase the volume of facial tissues, to lift sagging skin and smooth wrinkles. Also excellent for creating fuller lips, Restylane® can quickly restore a youthful appearance.
The results from a treatment will last between six and nine months. When combined with another procedures such as Botox®, patients can see optimal improvement with Restylane®. Not only is Restylane® great for facial creases, it can also improve the appearance of scars and add lost facial volume. The injectable will instantly:
- Smooth Deep Facial Lines
- Restore Facial Volume
- Smooth Acne Scarring
- Plump Lips
- Correct ‘Hollow’ Areas Under Eyes
There is no downtime necessary after Restylane® injections; normal activities can be resumed the same afternoon. There are several formulas of Restylane® available today. Each one is unique in its viscosity (thickness and consistency), therefore perfect to meet a variety of different aesthetic needs.
Learn more about Restylane®.
Designed for facial dynamics
Your face is dynamic—making millions of movements every day. Repetitive movements like laughing and talking create facial lines called dynamic wrinkles and folds.
Because these areas are mobile, treating facial lines can be difficult. Sometimes fillers can make the treated area look stiff and unnatural when the face is moving.
The RHA® Collection is different. It is designed to be resilient enough to adapt to your dynamic facial movements for a look that’s beautiful at rest and flawless in motion.
Designed for a natural look
Redensity, RHA 2, RHA 3, and RHA 4 are available at Vitality Dermatology.
Learn more about RHA®.
Preparing For Dermal Fillers and Injections
It can be intimidating to receive dermal fillers for the first time. Here at Vitality Dermatology, we believe that educating our patients allows them to make the best decisions for their individual needs. We understand that, although it is a small, nonsurgical and relatively painless procedure, receiving dermal fillers or Botox/Dysport can be intimidating for someone who’s never done it. Because of this, we’ve put together a guide for what to expect before and after receiving a filler treatment.
In order to reduce the amount of bruising and swelling at the injection site, Dr. Hairston makes the following recommendations about how to prepare for treatments:
One Week Prior to Injections
- Avoid blood thinning over-the-counter medications such as aspirin, Motrin, ibuprofen, and Aleve (unless prescribed by your physician.)
- Avoid supplements, including St. John’s Wort, Gingko biloba, primrose oil, garlic, ginseng, and Vitamin E.
Two Days Prior to Injections
- Avoid waxing, bleaching, tweezing, or using hair removal cream on the area to be treated.
- Do start taking Arnica two days prior to the procedure. (This is not required, but it will help to lessen bruising.)
24 Hours Prior to Injections
- Do not drink alcoholic beverages 24 hours prior.
- If you have previously suffered from facial cold sores, there is a risk that the needle punctures could contribute to another eruption of cold sores. Please let your provider know if you are prone.
- Avoid dental procedures (including cleaning) 2 weeks pre-filler and 2 weeks post-filler
- Do not use dermal fillers or neurotoxins if you are pregnant or breastfeeding, are allergic to any ingredients, or suffer from neurological disorders. Please inform us if you have any questions about this prior to your treatment.
The Day of Treatment
- Arrive at the office with a “clean face”—washed and without makeup.
- In order to maximize your comfort during the procedure, a topical anesthetic may be applied.
What To Do After Fillers: The First Hour
- Apply an ice pack and Arnica topically—Arnica + Bromelain tablets are both natural supplements to reduce bruising. These are available for purchase in our offices.
- Take acetaminophen to reduce pain as necessary.
- Avoid itching, massaging, or picking around the injection site.
How To Reduce Swelling After Injections
6 to 10 Hours After Treatment
- Until the swelling and redness have resolved, avoid intense heat in the treated area(s). This includes sunbathing, tanning, saunas, hot tubs, or hot wax.
- To help alleviate swelling, we recommend an antihistamine during the day, such as Zyrtec or Claritin, and Benadryl at night.
- If there is a visible bump, you can massage the area. Depending on the areas treated and the product used, you may feel “firmness.” These areas will soften and settle with time (usually 1-2 weeks).
- Sunscreen and makeup can be applied, and you may use a gentle cleanser on the area.
How To Reduce Bruising After Injections
- Avoid drinking alcohol or partaking in strenuous exercise, as it may result in additional bruising.
- To help alleviate bruising, we recommend taking Arnica or Bromelain, eating fresh pineapple, and applying ice to the area.
Important Aftercare Notes
PLEASE CONTACT US IMMEDIATELY IF YOU:
- Have fever and/or chills
- Have discolored blotches in areas not injected
- Have blanching of injected areas
- Notice the area appears red and/or hot to the touch
- Have severe or increasing pain
For more information on injectables and other cosmetic services we offer at Vitality Dermatology, call our office at (662) 328-3375.